Research at a glance
- Division 1: Molecular Dactyloscopy (Prof. Fischer)
- In the research area Molecular Dactyloscopy, mainly analytical strategies are developed for authenticity and quality control of food raw materials and the products derived from them as well as for the detection of nutritionally relevant parameters. The technologies applied for this purpose (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and isotopolomics) are available at HSFS. All the methods we develop for the food sector are also applied to other biological and inorganic materials to obtain information about their identity and origin.
- Division 2: Prof. Buchweitz
- Division 3: Food Microbiology (Prof. Weiß)
- The research group of Prof. Weiß deals with the characterization of mechanisms of inactivation of bacterial spoilers and pathogens in food, the investigation of crops as secondary hosts for human pathogens and plant foods as vectors of bacterial infections and intoxications as well as the targeted selection of starter cultures.
- Division 4: Chemometrics/Bioinformatics (Prof. Seifert)
- The research group of Prof. Seifert focuses on the development, validation and application of chemometric/bioinformatic methods for the analysis of spectrometric, spectroscopic as well as sequence-based data.