Research Group Prof. Dr. Jacobi von Wangelin
We are a dynamic research group at the modern campus of the University of Hamburg and call Germany's most popular city our home.
Research activities in our group span the themes of sustainable catalysis and synthesis. Current areas of investigation include complex synthesis and catalysis with 3d-transition metals, nanoparticles, and visible-light mediated reactions. We also design and apply new reactor technologies (photo, micro, flow, pressure) to maximize the efficiency and operational simplicity of chemical processes.
If you are a student at whatever stage of your studies and we caught your attention, please e-mail us to learn more about research opportunities in our group.
- Sustainable Synthesis and Catalysis
- Low-valent iron complexes and nanoclusters
- 3d Transition metal complexes
- Photocatalysis & photochemistry
- Activation of small molecules
- Optimization of technical processes
- New reactor technologies