Using the library
How can I borrow books and for how long?
- You need a valid library card to borrow books.
- Books/media from the lending stock (can be renewed 3 times via the user account and can be pre-booked) and from the reference stock (cannot be renewed) can be borrowed for 4 weeks.
- CDs, DVDs, laptops, booklifts, USB sticks and molecular construction kits can also be borrowed.
- Short-term loans for copying journals, reference works, manuals and series are possible.
Loan period extensions
You can renew media of the "A loan" independently via your user account until the loan period expires. The loan period can be extended up to 3 times and is extended by 4 weeks from the day of entry.
In the Chemistry Library, the extension of loan periods or re-booking is possible on request. To do so, send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your library card number and name. Please make sure that your membership is valid. No renewal is possible if your membership has expired or if your account has a fee block or the item is earmarked.
Reservations of books/media
Only borrowed items from the "A-Library Loan" can be reserved in the Chemistry Library. Reservations are free of charge, but limited to 6 reservations per customer. If the item is available, you will be informed by e-mail. You then have one week to pick up the medium.
If you urgently need a book, you can send a book request to the library.
Return of books/media
- For returns, please use the return box opposite the porter's lodge.
- Please deposit heavy books/learning boxes in the basket.
- Please observe the hygiene regulations on site.