Online consultation (Fastviewer)
Various problems can be solved by assistance via telephone. During this it may be helpful if the consultant can see the contents of your screen.
For this purpose the UH uses the software Fastviewer. The software makes it possible, with your explicit permission, to transmit the respective screen content to the employees of the IT Service.
If you have a problem that could possibly be solved in this way, please proceed as follows:
- Contact the IT-Service (phone 3400, 3434 or 5919).
- Explain your problem
- If requested, please download the fastclient user module and save it on your computer.
- Start the downloaded program. If you are shown a conformation dialog, please answer with "yes".
- You will be asked for a "session number". This session number will be given to you by the IT service employee. The session number is intended to ensure that you really only make your screen content available to the right person (the employee on the phone).
- You must explicitly agree to the transfer of your screen content again.
- Discuss your problem with the employee.
- After a (hopefully) successful solution of the problem, please close the display program.
We hope to be able to help you even faster with the help of this software solution. Of course, we can also come to your laboratory or office as before, if you wish.