SciFinder-n (new version)
SciFinder-n offers a modern research interface for the contents familiar from SciFinder-Web (Chemical Abstracts) and additionally MethodsNow (synthetic/analytical methods) and PatentPak (full text patents).
The database is available to all members of the University of Hamburg and with VPN client also from outside the university. You will need a personal identifier, which you will receive after registration with your university e-mail address.
Important: previous personal SciFinder web IDs are still valid. Access to SciFinder-n under: https://scifinder-n.cas.org/
- up-to-date webbrowser (we recommend Mozilla Firefox, Download). SciFinder-n is optimized for use with mobile devices.
Please note during registration
- The registration must be made from the university network.
- Please specify either your UHH user ID (e.g. fcab123 / bxy...) or your user ID at the chemistry department (e.g. musterma) as username
- The e-mail address to be entered must end in "uni-hamburg.de".
Haben Sie bitte Verständnis dafür, daß wir Benutzernamen, die wir nicht zuordnen können, regelmäßig aus dem System entfernen lassen.
You will then receive an e-mail with a "confirmation link". As soon as you have opened this link, go to https://scifinder-n.cas.org/ and login with the selected user name to use Scifinder-Web.
- Continue to SciFinder registration