The tasks of the department council are described in Section 7 of the >MIN Faculty Charter< dated 1 February 2017:
(8) The departments are assigned the following tasks (Section 4 subsection 5 of the Universität Hamburg Statutes):
- organization of teaching and subject advising
- proposals for academic and examination regulations
- proposals for obligatory teaching load
- proposals for the composition of the Academic Search Committee
- Within the departments, these tasks are performed by the department council.
(9) The department council may establish committees and commissions to prepare its decisions.
(10) The department council may issue statements on matters concerning the department.
(11) The department council may elect representatives for individual tasks and subject areas, in particular for studies and teaching.
The details are regulated by the >department council bylaws<.
The department council is composed of elected members from all of the department’s status groups. The term of office of the current department council began on 1 October 2018 and will end on 30 September 2020. Students are reelected every year; the term of office of the current student members will end on 30 September 2020.
Members with voting rights
|Prof. W. Maison||Prof. C. Leopold|
|Prof. M. Fröba||Prof. P. Burger|
|Prof. C. Stark||Prof. R. Holl|
|Prof. Z. Ignatova||Prof. D. Wilson|
|Prof. M. Fischer||Prof. S. Rohn|
|Prof. H. Weller||Prof. A. Mews|
|Prof. G. Luinstra||Prof. V. Abetz|
|Dr. T. Hackl||Dr. M. Riedner|
|Dr. W. Pauer||Prof. M. Steiger|
Technical and administrative staff
|Dr. F. Fuchs||J. Tröller|
|H.-J. Walter||I. Wallbaum|
|S. Ricke||B. Klopprogge|
|A. Woelk||M. Heitmann|
Advisory members with no voting rights
|Dr. M. Riedner||Dr. M. Körs|
Head of department
|Prof. M. Fröba||Prof. C. Meier|
Studies and teaching representative
|Prof. M. Steiger|
|Dr. T. Behrens||S. Breidohr|
|Dr. F. Fuchs|