publication: “A general pharmacodynamic interaction model identifies
perpetrators and victims in drug interactions” in Nature Communications. Read more
- DPhG Presentation by Sebastian Wicha: “Pharmakometrie - Quantitative Einblicke in die Entwicklung und Anwendung von Arzneimitteln” (Lecture in German) on Tuesday, January 9 2018
job opportunity for a PhD student starting in January 2018 in the field of
pharmacometrics. More information
- Dose optimization workshop on November 15, 2017 in Sydney, Australia. Sebastian Wicha will present case studies around model-based therapeutic drug monitoring using the TDMx Software. More information
Stefanie Hennig, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia visits the group
from November 7-8 2017 to give a lecture on “The Evolution of Clinical Pharmacy
Practice in Australia and an Excursion into Therapeutic Drug Monitoring” at the
DPhG colloquium and for a mini symposium on pharmacometrics with the working
group Clinical Pharmacy.
lecture of Sebastian Wicha titled “Pharmakometrie – Quantitative Einblicke in
die Entwicklung und Anwendung von Arzneimitteln“ (lecture in German) on
November 30, 2017. More information
- A dosing support application for gentamicin in paediatric oncology patients has been added to the TDMx repository. It uses a recently published, and comprehensively evaluated pharmacometric model by LLanoz-Paez et al. The application was developed in collaboration with Dr. Stefanie Hennig and Carolina LLanoz-Paez, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
- ESCMID Summer School, Borstel, Germany. On July 4 2017, Sebastian Wicha will give a presentation about “PK/PD for difficult-to-treat bacteria - what is the role?” and chair a student presentation session. More information at: https://escmid.pulselinks.com/event/13862
- New publication: “Linezolid in liver failure: exploring the value of the maximal liver function capacity (LiMAx) test in a pharmacokinetic pilot study” in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2017.06.023
- PAGE Meeting in Brudapest (June 6 - 9): Our contributions are found here
- Day of Pharmacy - Tag der Pharmazie at University of Hamburg on June 14 2017: Astrid Bröker will present her research on a pharmacometric analysis of tigecycline in patients undergoing continuous renal replacement therapy.
- Visit from the US: A delegation of US pharmacy students from the University of Minnesota, headed by Dr. Jochen Pfeiffer will visit the Institute of Pharmacy at UHH on June 15 2017. The program includes a guided tour in the hospital pharmacy of the university hospital UKE by PD Dr. Claudia Langebrake and Dr. Michael Baehr, tours through the laboratories of the institute, presentations by the US students and a joint discussion round with the UHH pharmacy students of the 6th semester within the seminar Clinical Pharmacy.
- Chunli Chen, PhD student at Uppsala University, co-supervised by Sebastian Wicha, defended her PhD thesis “Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic Evaluation and Experimental Design Recommendations for Preclinical Studies of Anti-tuberculosis Drugs” on May 19 2017. Congratulations!
- Astrid Bröker started her PhD in the group. Welcome!
- ISAP meeting (www.isap.org) and ECCMID meeting (www.eccmid.org) in Vienna. Sebastian Wicha will present novel approaches to quantify pharmacodynamic drug interactions and translational pharmacometric work predicting clinical drug effects form pre-clinical experiments.
© 2016 Universität Hamburg. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.