Institut für Physikalische Chemie
VG II 246a
- Alf Mews studied chemical engineering in Aachen (Diploma in 1988) and Chemistry in Siegen (Diploma in 1992) after which he joined the group
of Prof. Horst Weller at the Hahn-Meitner-Institute in Berlin.
- In 1994 he received his PhD in the preparation of semiconductor nanocrystals.
- He took a DFG fellowship in 1995 to work on different spectroscopic techniques in the group of Prof. Paul Alivisatos in Berkeley, California.
- In 1996 he moved to Munich to work on single molecule spectroscopy in the group of Prof. Christian Bräuchle.
- In 1997 he joined the group of Prof. Thomas Basché in Mainz where he finished his Habilitation in 2003
entitled: “Investigation of nano structures with microscopic methods: Material science on the nanometer scale”.
- In 2004 he was appointed to a full professorship for Physical Chemistry at the University of Siegen.
- In 2008 he moved to the University of Hamburg.