Department of Chemistry
University of Hamburg
D- 20146 Hamburg
e-Mail: ruthenbe [at] chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Room: OC 525
- since October 2008: Academic studies in Chemistry at the University of Hamburg
- August - October 2011: Bachelor thesis in the working group of Prof. Dr. Chris Meier (Title: Synthesis of a cycloSal-(glucosamin-6)-phosphate as Key building block for the Synthesis of Glycosyl phosphosugars)
- Practical Training at the University of Seville, Spain (Erasmus
Programme) in the working group of Prof. Dr. J. Fernandez-Bolanos.
Projects: (1) Precoursors for the Synthesis of Hydroxytyrosol modified alpha-Cyclodextrins, (2) Synthesis of a Xylose-derived 1,2-dithiane as potential Glycosidase inhibitor and antioxidant agent
- November 2013 - May 2014: Master thesis in the working group of Prof. Dr. Chris Meier (Title: Synthesis of masked 5-aryl-3-ureidothiophene-2-carboxylic acids as potential braod-spectrum antibiotic prodrugs)
- since November 2014: Ph. D. thesis in the working group of Prof. Dr.
Chris Meier (Topics: (1) Siderophore-like Prodrugs of bac.
RNA-Polymerase inhibitors, (2) membrane-permeable and bio-reversibly
masked NAADP derivatives)
- J. Huchting, A. Ruthenbeck, C. Meier, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 6907-6916.
- Alexandra Ruthenbeck, Walid A. M. Elgaher, Rolf Hartmann, Chris
Meier; Functionalized and lipophilic Prodrugs of novel Inhibitors of
the bacterial RNAP (IV International Conference on Antimicrobial
Research, 29.06-01.07.2016 (Torremolinos-Málaga, Spain))